Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Make Up Show LA


            This past week was my spring break from Loyola University Maryland. As opposed to your typical spring break, traveling to a destination filled with college students, partying, and lots of sun, I flew from BWI to LAX, where I met my family. We traveled to California for The Make Up Show LA. The Make Up Show is a professional beauty trade-show dedicated to artistry, networking, community, inspiration, and education.

The people who attend the event are anyone from top-notch academy award winning professionals, who have been in the industry for a long time, to beginners just learning the ins and outs of the industry, to people who are not professionals but simply love beauty. You can rub shoulders with Hunger Games make up artist, Ve Neil, Joan River’s make up artist, Adele Fass, Pretty Little Liars make up artist, Cindy Miguens, and many more of the industries best. Make Up Forever, Nars, Dermalogica, and Lime Crime are some of the big brands at the event.

            The reason I attend this event is because my family owns Alcone, a professional make up company serving average people, famous actresses, models, TV personalities and socialites since 1950. At trade shows all over the world, we work the Alcone booth as a family. My Dad likes to joke that we are the “Von Trapp” family. We’ve traveled to London, Chicago, Atlanta, Orlando, California, and our home city New York, all for these shows. Each show is exciting, tiring, fast-paced and crazy. The event is filled with awesome special FX make up and unique characters.       
  
                            My sister Laurel and I played around with colored contact lenses. 





No comments:

Post a Comment