Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Millennium Biltmore Hotel- Downtown LA


After two long days of working at The Make Up Show LA my family and I were excited that it was over with and time to watch the Oscars. It was killing me that we were so close to where the Oscars were taking place yet so far sitting in our hotel club room at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in downtown LA. 

I asked my Dad if we could watch it somewhere cooler, like I don’t know maybe across the street from the venue. Little did I know, he told me people actually come here to watch the Oscars because many Academy Awards have taken place right here in this very hotel. Another fun fact, many movies like Ghostbusters, National Treasure, Wedding Crashers, and Spider-Man, and TV shows like That 70‘s Show, Ally McBeal, Beverly Hills 90210 and ER have been filmed here. 

I was then satisfied and content watching it here a the Biltmore. I regretted not watching the movie Gravity with Sandra Bolluck considering it dominated the awards show. Gravity won seven oscars. The awards included Best Visual Effects, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Original Score and Best Director. Gravity was nominated for Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Production Design. Sandra Bullock looked overwhelmed with emotions as they took home plenty of wins, however, I could not tell if she was upset because she did not win Best Actress.

I’m excited to get to bed early and get off my feet after standing for 10 hours straight. With only one day left to explore California, we have a lot of activities to cover in little time tomorrow. Maybe we will have a celebrity sighting and we will definitely eat good food. Hopefully all of the celebrities aren’t exhausted and hung-over from the Oscars. There is a very good chance they will all be sleeping in tomorrow morning.

Thats all for now.
xx Ashton


No comments:

Post a Comment